Thursday 30 August 2012

It's 8 months since I last posted.

That's a good sign- it means that I've been able to do things other than record my progress in managing this illness!

I'm a lot better than I was last time I posted, I still suffer from extreme fatigue, diminished cognitive functioning, short term memory, mixing up words, not being able to think of words, poor concentration.  I have aches and pains all through my body, and my bones, especially my joints.  At the moment I am experiencing a sharp pain in my left hip as I walk.

My diet hasn't been great this last few months, and as a result I've noticed my energy levels slipping.

I've had rectal  bleeding for about 2 weeks, so got my bloods tested.  This showed that despite having been on Vitamin D supplements for about 6 months, I was still deficient in Vitamin D.  I've doubled my dose, and since then have noticed a marked difference in the stability of my moods, and the intensity of my emotions.

A few weeks ago I rebelled against my strict diet and ate exactly what I wanted to, I really enjoyed the freedom of being able to eat when I was out, not having to meticulously plan and prepare foods.  However very quickly I noticed the change in symptoms.  Bloating in my stomach, headaches, mood swings and irritability, increased fatigue, more pain in my bones and joints, earache, etc, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, how are you getting on now? - just came across your blog. I also suffer from fatigue and am fighting the fight. Was also a patient at the Royal Free so found that blog both amusing and upsetting

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you now Claire?

    ReplyDelete