Wednesday 19 January 2011

It’s all about ME



Welcome to my blog, I’ll call myself Claire so that I won’t be nameless, but really this blog isn’t all about me, it’s all about my experiences with M.E (Also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), and therefore I’ve chosen, for the moment, to remain anonymous.  The main reason for anonymity is so that I can be totally honest and open and free about what’s really going on with me, and how I feel, without fear of judgement or criticism from those who know me.

There is a stigma attached with long term illness, people that cannot work for a living are somehow deemed less worthy than those who work hard, long hours.  I know this, for I was one of those people who looked down on those that were sick or ill, unable to work.  We are responsible for our own health, I believed, I still do.  Therefore those people who are ill, are responsible for creating that illness, or at least responsible for healing from it.

Right now I’m on the start of my journey to health.  Not really understanding entirely how I got to be at this place of ill health, I am very determined to recover.   I have no doubt that I will recover, 100% to full health.  A health I don’t think I’ve ever really experienced, even as a child.
I was diagnosed with “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome” in October 2010 and I’ve been thinking about writing this blog since then, finally I’ve made a decision on how to proceed with it, and here we are.

My aim for writing this blog is for it to be therapuetic in itself, but also for others, the many others who are experiencing M.E, and would like to find ways back to health.  I'll share my experiences, which may be helpful to others, saving them perhaps going down wrong turns as well as sharing successes I will have along the way.  I also look forward to connecting with the many people who have recovered & lead full lives after having been diagnosed with M.E.

Welcome to "It's all about ME", I look forward to sharing with you my experiences on my journey to health, but most of all I look forward to learning from your comments.

Now, if we're all sitting comfortably?  Then I shall begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment